Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wyoming in springtime

Well, my trip to Montana was great - met lots of great people, including some who are thinking about applying to my volunteer program, and saw some really beautiful countryside. Then yesterday my friend/travel partner and I left Billings to drive back to Denver... and made it 120 miles to Sheridan, Wyoming before God/Mother Nature/WYDOT conspired to keep us here a couple extra days. Seems there was a fuel spill on I-90 that turned into a multi-vehicle accident (serious but no fatalities), so they closed the interstate yesterday morning for that - and the blizzard we're in has kept it closed ever since. I think we're at about 2 feet of snow here now, with up to another foot still falling.

We're hoping things will turn sunnier tomorrow, but for the moment we're pretty well set up in a motel with cable, internet, fridge and microwave; we made it into town for lunch and got some groceries to improve on our leftovers for dinner; and the breakfast buffet here has a wafflemaker! :) So all in all, things could be a lot worse.

But I've been on the road for 9 days now, and tomorrow will be day 10 of 8, and I'm pretty eager to be back in my own bed soon. Sunny prayers are appreciated...

No comments: