Wednesday, April 04, 2007

New look - and why are only men supposed to be "wild"?

I was intrigued by the blogger.com information about updating from templates to layouts, so I'm trying this out... I even figured out how to post feeds from other sites I like!

In other news, I read today a very insightful commentary on John Eldredge's sequel to Wild at Heart, about men's spirituality. The new book is called The Way of the Wild Heart, and describes six developmental stages of masculine identity. Seminarian Clifton Walker Stringer has written a theologically sound critique of Eldredge's central premise, arguing that the adventure-battle-beauty paradigm for masculinity is based more in classical mythology than Christian Scripture or the life of Jesus.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Thank you so much for posting the critique of Wild at Heart. Ugh!