Friday, March 09, 2007

Here I am!

In case you were wondering where I've been for six months... I'm still here! Trying to keep my head above water, but life is good if very full.

Thanks to Mike, Donna, and Alwen for your comments on my last post. Sorry I've been so tardy in responding. I really enjoy hearing from others with similar interests and passions, especially those who happen to be authors of poems I post...!

I encourage all of you to check out First Freedom First if you have an interest in preserving religious liberty in the U.S.

In this Lenten season, I also invite reflection on how your daily choices are connected to the well-being of others around the world and to the earth itself, from the labor rights of textile workers in China to the pesticides used for non-organic farming in Iowa (and every other state). To learn more about how you can be involved in change, visit Bread for the World, which sponsors an "Offering of Letters" to political leaders each year. This year's theme, Seeds of Change, addresses the need for a farm bill that takes strategic steps to reduce hunger and poverty in this country and in developing countries. Bread for the World sees personal involvement in legislative advocacy as "a sacred act of citizenship" when you communicate how your beliefs and values relate to the issues facing our leaders and communities today.

I can't promise I'm back to posting regularly, but I'll try not to let six months go by in silence again!

Blessings to you all.

No comments: