Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What's going on? What's happening? What's this about?

I was going to blog about something funny from my life today (or possibly this weekend), but I can't remember what it was. Don't you hate that?

Oh well.

On the plus side, I went hiking today, and it was lovely. Perfect weather, and got to explore in Castlewood Canyon, south and east of Denver in Colorado's Black Forest - some really gorgeous scenery.

That's the calm in the midst of the storm that is my life right now... okay, that's exaggerating a bit, but work is very busy all of a sudden. Mostly in a good way. We just need some additional funding for this new volunteer program to help dissolve the worry-stone in the pit of my stomach. 'Cause if we run out of money, I'm out of a job. :P

It's all about faith, baby! --and I just have to keep telling myself that!

In other news (namely, Kerry's TV Addiction Land), I am sad. Not only has The West Wing passed the baton to a brilliant young up-and-comer as the new president, whose administration we'll never get to see in all its wit and fast-talking-hallway-walking; and Will & Grace fast-forwarded through a rocky patch, an "I'm glad we reconciled but that chapter of my life is over" patch, and a would-be-touching-if-it-weren't-quite-so-neatly-wrapped-up conclusion; but I just found out today (okay, I've slacked off the last couple weeks) that Everwood is also going off the air, after next week's series finale! I am feeling deserted by my television friends. Gilmore Girls probably has one season left, but

[SPOILER ALERT IF YOU MISSED THE SEASON FINALE]

I can't believe Lorelai went back and slept with Christopher because Luke wouldn't elope on the spot!! I mean, come on, girl! You needed to talk to the man months ago instead of holding that resentment inside. This is another case - as with this season of West Wing (an April election? please!) - of dragging out the storyline to fit the viewing season, instead of portraying people doing the best they can to work through the challenges that come in a timely way.

Okay. That's all.

Clearly, my own social life has not been providing sufficient drama lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry,
I wanted to ask you some questions about your blog. I couldn't find contact info to msg you. Sorry for asking here!
If you could email me at: bbruen@thalerpekar.com it would be really helpful!
tks, betty