Friday, May 12, 2006

Another link or two for you

Okay, I know it's cheating, but I'm a little spent at the end of the week. So here's another link for resources celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Women's Full Clergy Rights in the UMC, brough to you by the fine researchers, writers, editors, and compilers of the United Methodist News Service.

And in case you're wondering what I'm reading this week, I was delighted to discover recently that Jasper Fforde has begun a new series after completing the adventures of Thursday Next in four volumes (The Eyre Affair, Lost in a Good Book, The Well of Lost Plots, and Something Rotten). The Big Over Easy is the first in the Nursery Crime series, in which Jack Spratt investigates the sudden death of Humpty Dumpty, minor baronet, womanizer, alcoholic, marginally criminal speculator and investor. It's lots of good fun, and (although less of an incentive for this former English major) requires less in the way of arcane knowledge of classic literature than the Thursday Next adventures. I recommend the book, and also the author's website, www.jasperfforde.com, which is so full of clever fun and silliness I may not get any work done for a couple days.

In unrelated news, I have just discovered the mysterious appearance of a second trash can under my desk here at work. Bizarre.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone, and Happy Mother's Day to all who are mothers in one way or another!

No comments: