Sunday, April 10, 2005

Snow Day!

It's April 10 and snowing up a blizzard all over the tulips in our yard, but I'm happy. Why, you ask? Because church was canceled today!

Now, for someone who's getting ready to graduate from seminary in less than 7 weeks (yikes!), this may not be a particularly good sign... but in the midst of classes and multiple jobs and a job search for after graduation and trying to stay sane, one morning where I don't have to scramble to be at church on time to warm up my choir and try to re-teach what we learned at the last rehearsal... that's okay with me.

Two of my roommates made snow angels and a snowperson, but then it snowed some more (I'm working on getting some photos up). It's let up enough at the moment that the birds have come out to dig for birdseed, but it's a long way from nice enough to want to drive anywhere. So I'm enjoying a nice relaxing day inside (Swedish pancakes for breakfast... watching The West Wing again... reading Anne Lamott... at some point I'll get around to homework for this week).

Now, if only school and work could be closed tomorrow too, I could really start to feel rested!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Swedish pancakes....for breakfast? What an out-of-the-box thinker you are. I've always associated Swedish pancakes with its required "healthy" counterpart, yellow peas, which is always served at dinnertime at my house.

H said...

Thanks for this post. It reminded me how much I love living somewhere where an April snowstorm has roughly a .000001% chance of happening.

Yvette In English said...

Hi, Kerry! I appreciated your post on my blog. I was at a wedding this summer at the Methodist church across the street from your school. Also, I, too, am a 20-something grad student who watches the Gilmore Girls -- looking forward to new episodes soon, despite term papers to write!

Kerry said...

Hi all,

Tara, Thanks for writing. I've only ever had Swedish pancakes for breakfast, so the whole "yellow peas" thing sounds out-of-the-box to me!

Heather, the snowstorms here are particularly weird because they're flanked by 2 or 3 days in the 70s. It's bizarre.

Yvette, I'm so glad the new shows are on again... but how am I supposed to get through my last 4 weeks of work before graduation?!