Friday, January 11, 2008

New Year, new opportunities

Clearly I'm still a cyber-slacker (but you can find me on facebook pretty regularly if you want more updates on my life), but this seems a good time to offer a new post.

The past couple months have gone well, but my non-profit job has been helpful in clarifying that I do feel more led and more called to be in local church ministry, or at least in an explicitly faith-based setting. So in what I'm almost sure will turn out to be a crazy-making arrangement, I will this coming week drop back to half-time at Family Voices in order to officially be appointed quarter-time at Highlands UMC (my church of the past 4 1/2 years, where I'll go from Director of Choir and Liturgical Arts to Associate Pastor) and quarter-time at Montclair UMC (a small church in east Denver that wants to try starting a new, contemporary/alternative/emerging worship service to try to connect with younger adults and families in the neighborhood - I'll be Associate Pastor there as well).

I'm very excited about being able to spend bigger chunks of time focusing on church ministry, both the worship planning and leadership that I know and love and also the daunting prospect of outreach to the community to build a new congregation. As with all worthwhile new ventures, this one has its share of fear factors, too! Prayers will be greatly appreciated.

At some point this month, I still plan to write some kind of holiday letter summing up my life for the past year, but it hasn't happened yet! Thanks to those who were on top of the Christmas card process - I love getting mail!

1 comment:

Amy Sens said...

Wow -- excitement! Good luck with your many slices of work, Kerry.