Sunday, October 07, 2007

Updates: New job, CROPWalk, filling in

Yes, after a couple months of searching, applying, and interviewing, I have a new job. Starting tomorrow, I will be serving as Administrative Coordinator and Grants Manager for Family Voices of Colorado, a small grassroots organization (and local affiliate of a national network) that does advocacy for families whose children have disabilities or other special health care needs. Yay for employment!

I'm also trying to recruit sponsors for CROPWalk, which I am participating in with my church next Saturday. We walk 5K/3mi through the neighborhood, raising funds to fight hunger in the local area (northwest Denver) and around the world. If you would like to help out, you can visit my donation page.

And, because life is better full than boring, I'm filling in at church while our senior pastor is away for a couple weeks, so today I was liturgist, next Sunday I'm preaching (and kicking off our Stewardship Campaign), and the week after I'm coordinating several pieces of the service for Laity Sunday. It's all lots of fun and very meaningful, but the downside of starting a new full-time job in the midst of this is I no longer have quite so much leisure time to do things I'm not exactly paid for! Ah well. I've read lots of novels over the past month already anyway.

No comments: