Monday, October 10, 2005

Snow Day... Take 2

Yes, ladies and gentlebloggers, Denver received its first snowfall of the season today (see MSNBC's coverage - with references to my neighborhood YMCA!). Yes, I am aware it is only OCTOBER 10!! - thus making it exactly 6 months since my last snow day posting. I'm just thankful that a) my roommate and I had the foresight to go hiking on Saturday, when we had a gorgeous 75-degree day in the mountains with aspens glowing golden; and b) with the illogic of Colorado weather, we should see a few more weeks of temperatures in the 50s and 60s before snow season takes serious hold of the Front Range.

I do like the first snowfall of the season as a rule, but somehow it seems more joyful when it comes in November or December... You know, after Halloween (when it has snowed the past 3 years in a row). Oh well - it'll save us pruning the trees in our yard, I guess.

No comments: